Wednesday, February 1, 2012

12-02-02 Restless

Appropriate title for the blog.

I've been fidgety the entire week. I've started re-arranging my room to give me more space for my books and other planning related materials, but I haven't done anything since Sunday. My dad did most of the work and since he's been unavailable most evenings, I'm down to waiting for when he gets a free time.

But I'm really becoming impatient. Mainly because I've been exchanging emails with a close friend from the Philippines who plans to move and work in Australia within the year. I want to go. But the thing is, I can't rush this decision. I have to plan very carefully what my career path will be in the next five years.

There's this agency in the Philippines offering migration services to Australia for graduates of my university. Not to brag or anything, but since we are considered the best university in the Philippines, Australia agreed to give us a visa, if we apply for it within 2 years of graduating.

That was last year and my friend and I were not able to make the deadline. Now we're planning on taking a student visa for a master's degree and then try to find a job along side when we get there.

Basically, not a very good plan (financially speaking) but we got no choice as of now. It's hard enough to find an employer who's willing to sponsor us for a job there, moreover, qualifications require at least 2 years of relevant work experience. Now that, we really don't have. I've only started in my current company only a year ago, and before that, I worked for a family-owned construction business for 4 months.

I'm now considering very carefully what my career route will be. I'm considering an online degree in the meantime, while I'm saving up for master's degree and getting the required work experience.

But before anything else, I better focus on my work first.

No comments:

Post a Comment